What can I feed my babies

Nate Dogg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2011
Louisville
This spring/summer I plan on trying to do a lot of breeding fish in ponds (Rubbermaid) I was wondering what can I feed them I know they will eat the micro nutrients in the tub but I want to be able to give a them a little extra food and would be nice to give the parents a little extra food to help keep them from eating as many young.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Micro worms, Walter worms, and Banana worms are very easy to culture:). My tetra's , Guppy, and Kribensis fry love them very nutritional. Newly hatched brine shrimp would be #1 as for nutrition.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
What kind of fish are you going to breed because some fish will eat their young no matter how much you feed them.

Nate Dogg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2011
Louisville
sorry for the delayed response back, don't completely know yet as of right now, tiger barbs, black neon tetras, neon tetras, roseline sharks, america splenda, moxquito fish, black mollies, glow light, bleeding heart tetras, white cloud, cherry barbs, black skirt tetras, red blue colombian tetras, Buenos Aires Tetra, blood fin, cory cats and precox. And I will have multiple species in each tub, (ones that will not cross breed)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store