What Do I Call This Cross ??

RickyOutlaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
Chicago
Monster Fish Keepers Members , Many of you know how much i love the Escondido and many know i use them for my Hybrid projects.

Well what do i call my Escondido x Blood Parrot Hybrid ????

I am guessing this is a male and i am most likely going to breed him to his mother the Blood Parrot.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
red texas?

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
yea i think its considered red texas.. these came out really nice. you should breed these to another parrot and hope the next batch fades :D

RickyOutlaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
Chicago
Yup im taking this to his mother which is a blood Parrot. His sibling is all orange with nice pearl i will get pictures up and running very soon of it.

Texas are Herichthys cyanoguttatus
Escondido's are Herichthys carpinte Escondido

Since this is a Escondido would it classify as a Texas ?

FishingOut

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
PA
Its a failed red tex. Still a very nice looking fish but will never turn fully red. CarpintisxMidas or whatever red tex's are. Might be a female?

RickyOutlaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
Chicago
I am thinking it is a female now that i look at its dorsal fin, I still cannot call it a Red Texas due to the body and this fish having the bp shaped mouth. Red Texas is a cross between Texas and BP and then crossed once more. Remember a Super Red Texas as Red Texas are completely different.

I been looking at this fish and thinking its a female now ... but with all Hybrids who knows ...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store