What do I do with my Pacu?

mybirthdateisfake

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2023
Indonesia
My family's got a 400gal pond with pacu (given to us from a friend, because they're obviously massive.) There used to be at least 15 in there but many have died, and I speculate there are only 7-6 left. The largest ones are only a foot long, but I am aware at how large they grow. Soon, I will have to remove the pacu from the pond. I've got three options (it seems) so I am wondering what I should oo

A. Give away the pacu to be eaten (pacu are a common food fish here)
B. Rehome and give the pacu to relatives and friends with larger ponds
C. Give/sell the pacu to an LFS I regularly go to

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I suspect we don't live very close to each other; a shame, since if we did I would be happy to take those fish off your hands for the right price. I'd probably charge you about $30 each to take them... :ROFL:

Lol, I'm obviously basing this upon the local aquarium-keeping activity in my part of the world...but if I needed to offload a half-dozen big stunted pacu, I would jump at whichever of those options presented itself first, and consider myself lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
My family's got a 400gal pond with pacu (given to us from a friend, because they're obviously massive.) There used to be at least 15 in there but many have died, and I speculate there are only 7-6 left. The largest ones are only a foot long, but I am aware at how large they grow. Soon, I will have to remove the pacu from the pond. I've got three options (it seems) so I am wondering what I should oo

A. Give away the pacu to be eaten (pacu are a common food fish here)
B. Rehome and give the pacu to relatives and friends with larger ponds
C. Give/sell the pacu to an LFS I regularly go to
Personally, I think you should do all of those options. Choose the best-looking ones/healthiest ones and give those to family, friends, and your LFS, then sell the rest of the pacu to the restaurant.

Reactions: tetroid
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store