What do I have??? Mussels???

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Loaches could probably make short work of them.
My challenge is that my large bichirs and gobies would make short work of the loaches.

I have had an interesting year with different creatures. Outbreaks of snails, planaria, hydra and now limpets. I will see if they boom and then bust in their numbers

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
I have to ask, why would you want to get rid of them?
Actually do not care to get rid of them, was just concerned about the massive population spike. That said the population did drop and I really have to look to see them now

I find it pretty cool the little ecosystem--detris worms, snails, limpets, Hydra, plants and fish

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
Actually do not care to get rid of them, was just concerned about the massive population spike. That said the population did drop and I really have to look to see them now

I find it pretty cool the little ecosystem--detritus worms, snails, limpets, Hydra, plants and fish
Great minds think alike! I love to have lots of inverts in my tanks, I call them pond/reef tanks. I often use pieces of driftwood that is left in it's original state to get as many hitch hikers as possible. I like porous rocks as well for the same reason.

When I first started keeping marine fish all the saltwater keepers thought I was nut, back then they sterilized everything they put in a marine tank. Now live rock is the norm, I think it is just as applicable to freshwater, a tank with all the native little guys is healthier that a sterilized tank. And sometimes you get some interesting animals who are along for the ride...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store