What do you make of this

cacichilds

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2012
NJ
This isn't breeding dress, looks like a lack of pigment . What does everyone else think? They are in cubes , big ole bridge - owner got a big order. He's a reputable guy so him saying is pretty rare is reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1391033116.589727.jpg

Jan 27, 2014
new york
that is just out of this world. ive seen them with black but not jet black like that. if he stays like that breed his *** try to start your own strain of texas cichlids....DOPE?....yes

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
They are doing this to discus too. IMO it is nerve damage. With discus, it's said that the fry are taken at a young age and have their tails dipped in ice water. Discus breeders in Asia are denying this and claim it's genetic but I've yet to see proof of that. I'd avoid them just because I think these practices are wrong. It's right up there with dying and tattooing fish.

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
They are doing this to discus too. IMO it is nerve damage. With discus, it's said that the fry are taken at a young age and have their tails dipped in ice water. Discus breeders in Asia are denying this and claim it's genetic but I've yet to see proof of that. I'd avoid them just because I think these practices are wrong. It's right up there with dying and tattooing fish.
That's a damn shame :(
I thought genetic change only because I know other fish can have this look and it's a heritable trait.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store