What does it mean to Mouth

troublesum

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
I have a 7in Female Red Terror and 4 other red terrors that are around 5in sex unknow. The dominate female don't bite or even try to hit them in there swim bladder but she Mouths them.
What does it mean when they mouth another fish.
Thanks

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Just showing who's boss most likely.

In more rare circumstances some fish will clean parasites off of others, and some fish are known to try to feed on others slimecoats, but in the case of your cichlids it is probably just the dominant one establishing a heirarchy.

With festae that size it could turn deadly quick so be vigilant and maybe have another tank or divider ready.

Reactions: tlindsey

troublesum

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
Just showing who's boss most likely.

In more rare circumstances some fish will clean parasites off of others, and some fish are known to try to feed on others slimecoats, but in the case of your cichlids it is probably just the dominant one establishing a heirarchy.

With festae that size it could turn deadly quick so be vigilant and maybe have another tank or divider ready.
im trying to get a pair had 8 of them at 1in 1.5 years ago she already killed 2 confirmed males that were smaller then her i believe there are 2 other males but she is too big for them. i have tank dividers but when i put them in they freak out

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
im trying to get a pair had 8 of them at 1in 1.5 years ago she already killed 2 confirmed males that were smaller then her i believe there are 2 other males but she is too big for them. i have tank dividers but when i put them in they freak out
It seems like most people think male cichlids are the troublemakers but ime females can be just as or more murderous. Got any pics of the lovely lady?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store