What ELSE would you stok this with?

RyanR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2007
Canada
Ok, I baught the 100 Gallon tank which was advertised as a 75 (4x2x2) And it is set up and i have old filter media running in it to get it established,

My question is.. What Could live with

6 Hujeta Gar
1 Afrian Brown Knife
1 Upside down Catfish
2 Clown Plecos

What would you add to live with theese fish?
are there any Catfish.. that well LOOK like catfish (Chanells RTC ART ect) that can live in a tank that size for life? I know the ones i listed cant but any with simmilar features/body structure?

If you had this tank and theese inhabitants. what would you add!

Nabbig2

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
California
So you plan on keeping those in a 100g? One problem is that the knife might eat the upside down catfish. Other than those fish, you could try silver dollars.

RyanR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2007
Canada
The knife is maybe 5 inches.. with a tiny mouth..
and the upside down cat, is probaly at about 8-9 inches right now.
no way he is being eaten haha and they already live together,

What are some medium sized cool looking schooling fish that could live with them? My hujeta are pellet trained,
and anything 2-3 inches or bigger would be safe anyways right now.. they are 5" and growing slow..

The Hujeta are ambush fish that stalk the pellets lol
and the knife and catfish hide all day..
what would keep the tank fun to watch during the day,

A Couple Bichirs? Red tail sharks?(few?)

give me any ideas i am open!

OmahaFishmanion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
Omaha
I read that those gar get to be like 28". So 6 of those along with the other fish seem like alot. Maybe I'm wrong.

RyanR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2007
Canada
OmahaFishmanion;1049984; said:
I read that those gar get to be like 28". So 6 of those along with the other fish seem like alot. Maybe I'm wrong.
Hujeta "Gar" Are false gar.. And max out around 1 ft, Possibly even smaller.. its been many months and mine are not even half that and there fed on hikary pellets (the ones with a Aro on the bag)
So there diet is good, and still no grow! lol.

Yea i really like the bichir.. if i get them small enough, By the time they grow, they will never be big enough to eat my Hujeta!

RyanR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2007
Canada
cookiemonster;1049988; said:
Bichirs sound cool. I really like ornates. Get some cichlids in there man!
Wouldnt cichlids bother/attack/kill the hujeta?

If not.. could i put a few africans in the tank to add some color? i dont know much about Cichlids TBH

ShadowVengance

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
your house
OmahaFishmanion;1049984; said:
in the wild they do, in captivity, they usually only make it to about 10"

btw.

Based on that info and your tank size, I still wasn't sure how well they would fit.

So I made this diagram lol. It's late and I can't sleep.

Seems like you should be ok, but I wouldn't get to many other fish :)

gardiagram.JPG

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Why not some rainbow fish?

aquascape has 3 different types and there about 3" and are shoalers. I plan on getting some for my tanks once there finished.

RyanR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2007
Canada
Hey, Thanks for the reply. Yes i didnt plan on getting many more fish

I was thinking something like 1-2 Bichir and maybe a few more clown plecos there cool as hell and stay small

i only have 4 Hujeta now... so 6 is not a set in stone number either.. i could go with less hujeta to get more variety!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store