What fish are native to ct?

basstank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
connecticut
Sunfish are ridiculously easy to catch, im originally from eastern CT. Just use a bobber hook and worm and your bound to eventually get one. If you want to start them as babies, just take a flaslight and net at night around edges of ponds and youl find tons. But id say one maybe two sunfish are your best bet, or minnows, madtoms, or one bullhead. But id recommend a bigger tank for bullhead
Where in eastern ct?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Slickad85

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 22, 2011
Somewhere In Between Dreams
I was born and raised in Connecticut (but recently moved to Texas... big mistake) and i must say CT has some of THE BEST fishing anywhere. My father and i used to go fishing every weekend to all the great lakes that state has. For starters you can take a trip to Northern CT, grab a buddy and go up to the Twin Lakes in Salisbery, CT its close to the MA border. I see your from waterbury, i'm from prospect, about 2 miles south, the trip takes about 1hr 20 min one way. You can rent a boat when you get up there. The bass (SM AND LGM) are starting to heat up this time of year and it would be well worth the trip TRUST ME.

basskid081990

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
CT
I also agree with slickad...CT has the best fishing anywhere...i recently moved to PA and the fishing here is nothing like it is up there. Theres good fishing for anything from bass, panfish, trout, and my personal favorite pike. You just have to know where to go

basskid081990

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
CT

Slickad85

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 22, 2011
Somewhere In Between Dreams
I also agree with slickad...CT has the best fishing anywhere...i recently moved to PA and the fishing here is nothing like it is up there. Theres good fishing for anything from bass, panfish, trout, and my personal favorite pike. You just have to know where to go
Yea i guess you don't realize how good you have it until you lose it.... Pike are fuuuuuuuun to catch and there are some hogs in Bantam Lake!!!!

basskid081990

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
CT
My buddys dad caught biggest fw fish of the year in all CT few years back was monster pike outta hopeville pond 45 inch 20 lbs....hopeville and pachaug the places to go.....sorry for derailing this thread

basskid081990

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
CT
I'm from mystic. But I love pachaug. Avery is good too.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yeah pachaugs great but hopeville is greatly overlooked, ive seen more good size pike in hopeville......which is funny because they were introduced from pachaug when they opened the dam. The boat launch is in the state park if youve never been take a trip just remember theres an 8 mile speed limit

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store