what fish should i have???

STXman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2010
lake forest,ca
all you guys are saying what fish i should have but instead can you guys tell me the fish and why? that would be great and i thank you guys for the great response. i really like the gulper but i still dont know what i want to get so can you guys tell me the sat and why? thanks in advance:)

:Mwave:

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Strange post. I'm actually more confused than this cat.

STXman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2010
lake forest,ca
tell me the cat the would be the best in a thirty gal and why please thanks!!

joel.uejio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2009
Los Angeles, CA USA
What kind of a tank set up do you have?
What other fish do you have / want?

For a 30g you'd want something on the smaller side -- corydoras, smaller loaches, smaller synos, raphael, ...

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Hey, wait. Are you the guy from the other thread about this exact same question? Keep it in one thread as often as possible, man. The fewer threads the better.

You probably want one of the hundreds of catfish that grow to be about 6 or 8 inches long. Take a few hours on planetcatfish.com and pick your pet. If it's a rare type, you should be able to get a hold of a reasonable lookalike. Heck, have you considered a chinese algae eater? They are aggressive as hell and jump on food like no tomorrow. They get pretty big, too. Probably just right for an otherwise empty 30gal. They sometimes get bigger, it's true, but most max out around 7".

STXman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2010
lake forest,ca
i have a thirty with a african butterfly fish one indo two synodontis eupterus and a tiger oscar

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
STXman;4064763; said:
i have a thirty with a african butterfly fish one indo two synodontis eupterus and a tiger oscar
I don't suggest adding anything to your currently overstocked tank. I would upgrade before doing anything. Large tanks are cheap off of craigslist, and it is always better to have the proper size tank before getting the fish.

jprp

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2009
derbyshire england
I<3fish;4064771; said:
I don't suggest adding anything to your currently overstocked tank. I would upgrade before doing anything. Large tanks are cheap off of craigslist, and it is always better to have the proper size tank before getting the fish.
where is that quote on his current stock from??
on the other thread the question was put without reference to any other fish - if you would have pointed that quote out in the other thread we would have had less cross words.:confused: :banhim:no not really.

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
jprp;4064956; said:
where is that quote on his current stock from??
on the other thread the question was put without reference to any other fish - if you would have pointed that quote out in the other thread we would have had less cross words.:confused: :banhim:no not really.
Look at the post above mine...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store