What food is good food?

Freshwaterfishlover

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2019
People on here have been suggesting I feed my fish other foods. What food do you recommend ?

How do you get a fish to eat other foods besides bloodworms even after you have not feed it for a 3 days?

Freshwaterfishlover

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2019
what fish and what were you feeding?
Gar Fish and Freshwater Stingrays.

my Longnose Gar will only eat Bloodworms exclusively. My Florida Gar will eat basically anything that’s cooked. I have feed it imitation crab, bloodworms, bread, and sometimes cooked fish. Nothing raw. WhenI had Stingrays they would only eat bloodworms exclusively.

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
you should be feeding only raw cooking it takes away some nutrients raw prawns white fish and silver sides are good options also live earthworms imitation crab is probaly a bad idea it is pollock but with added dyes and additives so not a great idea do not feed bred it can cause blockages hopw this helps

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
Raw seafood is a good idea. But try to feed high lipid foods (like squid and fatty/oily fish) in moderation. For the stingrays, a diet high in shrimp and clams should be adequate, for the gar, try feeding it fish fillets that are cut to size.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store