What got you into polys

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I got into when I met Cohazard. When I first found out about bichirs I only knew of delhezi, Senegal, endli, polli palmas. Those were actually my first four bichirs until Cohazard informed me other variants on MFK. After that I was hooked and buying up all the bichirs in SoCal marketplace. LoL

Cohazard Cohazard

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
I got into when I met Cohazard. When I first found out about bichirs I only knew of delhezi, Senegal, endli, polli palmas. Those were actually my first four bichirs until Cohazard informed me other variants on MFK. After that I was hooked and buying up all the bichirs in SoCal marketplace. LoL

Cohazard Cohazard
Explains how you ended up with 50+ bichirs in one tank. :eek:

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Explains how you ended up with 50+ bichirs in one tank. :eek:
SoCal Meets, great local vendors, local sellers hooking up for package deals, and sometimes I even get free bichirs to rehome. :)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Always wanted one, I love oddballs to bits. Recently decided to redo my tank and there is a space reserved to poly. And no thanks to you guys and your pictures, Now I won't survive if I don't get one lol:mad:

I can't wait to order one:D

Ajxackt

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2015
This is the story that got me into even more polys.
I had two in a 75gal and they were getting along just great. Then I just had to go look at the fish at a petstore and there juat had to be two tiny senegals cuddling in the back of a tiny tank with tiger barbs. So, of course I had to get them and put them in my grow out tank because they were maybe two inches max.
And of course they weren't healthy and the medication needed was so dangerous it was either die from the infection or die from the medication.
But my strong little children survived and they puddle together with my largest in a corner under the tall plants.
Four doesn't seem like enough. Maybe I can find more lol
Lesson for today: Don't get your first bichir. It is like potato chips, or me and guppies, you can never have just one or two. But if you do, you will be the happiest you've been, surrounded by noodles that want food all the time.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
This is the story that got me into even more polys.
I had two in a 75gal and they were getting along just great. Then I just had to go look at the fish at a petstore and there juat had to be two tiny senegals cuddling in the back of a tiny tank with tiger barbs. So, of course I had to get them and put them in my grow out tank because they were maybe two inches max.
And of course they weren't healthy and the medication needed was so dangerous it was either die from the infection or die from the medication.
But my strong little children survived and they puddle together with my largest in a corner under the tall plants.
Four doesn't seem like enough. Maybe I can find more lol
Lesson for today: Don't get your first bichir. It is like potato chips, or me and guppies, you can never have just one or two. But if you do, you will be the happiest you've been, surrounded by noodles that want food all the time.
Good thing I can't afford more than 2 lol

Ajxackt

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2015
Good thing I can't afford more than 2 lol
lol
My children go through beefheart like it is going out of style! We go through at least package a week. I get discounts on their food though, so that helps a lot. Doubt I could afford more than the four I have lol

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store