May 30, 2006
AR

Dominuslive

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
Iowa
Another really great sight is wetwebmedia.com

Some of it might be hard to understand, but just type in your question, and all simmilar question asked before are posted. You can read everyones experiences, even kids as young as 8 have asked ? there before

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Chemistry = the science of matter at or near the atomic scale. This includes bit is not limited to atoms and the collections of atoms such as molecules, crystals, and metals

Ammonia is a chemical compound of nitrogen and hydrogen with the formula NH3, which can occur naturally or man made. this is chemistry.

Conclusion; ammonia is a chemical agent.

Biology = the science that deals with living things

Just because Ammonia is produced by living things does not make it alive.

Biological additives would include something alive; bacteria perhaps.

Nitrosomonas europaea, for example, is a living thing that lives off the oxidation of ammonia to nitrite. This is biology.

Due to my respect for you as a fish keeper; I will refrain from putting any sarcastic icons or comments here.
That cleared everything up. :clap = sarcastic icon

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
You did it exactly how you should have :) Start with nice cheap fish.. Let a couple die and hey your tank is probably cycled now:) GOood job for just saarting out!!!

bethie_dawn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
AR
thats the most inhumane way you could possibly do it.
I did not do it on purpose if I would have known I would have done it fishless.

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
Bethie;
You did nothing wrong, with regard to a fish full cycle. I cycle with fish all the time & rarely loose any. I think there was something else going on. :(

DeLgAdO;
You are correct it is spelled 'ammonia', but since you had quoted me & I had spelled it correct, I thought you were trying to tell me that ammonia is a biological agent not a chemical agent, I should have known better.:D

Tongue33;
Start with fish that can handle it & they will survive.:woot:

Dr Joe;
Glad I could make it simple for you :naughty:

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Bethie;
You did nothing wrong, with regard to a fish full cycle. I cycle with fish all the time & rarely loose any. I think there was something else going on. :(

DeLgAdO;
You are correct it is spelled 'ammonia', but since you had quoted me & I had spelled it correct, I thought you were trying to tell me that ammonia is a biological agent not a chemical agent, I should have known better.:D
hahahaha i see :grinno:

and it was afew of you that spelled it wrong anyways :grinyes:

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
hahahaha i see :grinno:

and it was afew of you that spelled it wrong anyways :grinyes:
Hey Del, do you want me to point out every time you make a grammatical/spelling error? I could have fun with that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store