What is it about NTTs..

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
My NTT was the easiest to get on pellets. Got him from Rapps, fed blood worms for about a week then starved him for 2 days and he ate massivore. Won't even look at shrimp, only pellets now.
Exactly the same here. Both my ntt smash pellets.
They completely ignore prawn and muscle. Both eat massivore. Cichkid gold and sturgeon pellet. So easy to feed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Have you killed any fish with you method? They are only 2 inches. Thanks for the input in advance.
Too small to do eat or die at the moment imo.

Id feed prawn till they are 3-4 inch. Then you can try est or die.
But if it gets sunken belly amd so thin it looks likes the eyes wikl pop out..
Then top him up on prawn then repeat method

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
You could try to train him the way I trained some of my It's. feed shrimp stuffed with pellets and slowly start putting less and less shrimp with the pellet and they should take the pellets alone after a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I feel different to others on they they are never to small to start on pellets

Infact the sooner you start the better as they get hooked on foods fast and hard to get them to change

The day to start is the day you get them as most small tigers you get from shops are starving so they will go for the first thing you drop in the tank

I just got a thumb nail size IT that was very skinny I put it in my small tank and feed it tetra prima and it took it then other pellets

No I have never had a fish die from starvation

I got a 4" thin bar that took 6 weeks before it would even take prawn

If you start panicking after one week you will never get them feeding

4-6 weeks is the normal time they give in

Get them to feed them well in the shop before you bring them home
Then when you bring them home new tank new rules they eat what you feed them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pga7602

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2009
LA CA
Thanks guys...

Just a reminder, that this thread was not started about getting my fish from shrimp to pellets. Somehow it's got changed into that subject. I was able to do that easily with fish that ate prawn. The thread is about 2 NTTs that refuse to eat anything but blood worms.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Yes for a full week, but T1 is saying that's nothing. Since they are tiny, they do get very skinny, even after just a week of not eating.
Will you be as able to do it for 4-6 weeks?

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
My 3" NTT just died this week from eat or die method. It was in a tank with other non-aggressive fish and saw them eating pellets but never touched one. It was eating shrimp pieces before the diet train. So it was swimming around looking for food but never touching a pellet and died...after a couple of months!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store