what is really the definition of nightcrawlers?

cocoa3212000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2010
Quebec,Canada
When I was a teenager we would go out at night after a rain, ground needs to be moist. With a big flashlight you spot them in the grass, and grab them quick they are very fast and disappear back into the ground. Quite abit of fun back then. Buy the way I live in Canada.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
haha guys, i dont need to go in golf courses to find worms.. i have plenty here in my bakcyard... especially nightcrawlers..
btw should i chop them off bfore feeding them to my fish and are they better than earthworms?

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Slightly off topic but I saw a guy do something like this this summer and I couldnt believe the way nightcrawlers just flowed from the ground. http://youtu.be/G9HguyXRHr8

Say im digging a hole. The worms I come across are they earthworms or nightcrawlers? Are there any ways to tell them apart other than size? (which I have no idea where earthworm ends and nightcrawler begins)
lol now this is new to me haha nice method but is it possible to use tht method if there's grass?
i think nightcrawlers are more energetic than earthworms.. and i notice tht they are fast diggers.. plus they are very thick..

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
haha guys, i dont need to go in golf courses to find worms.. i have plenty here in my bakcyard... especially nightcrawlers..
btw should i chop them off bfore feeding them to my fish and are they better than earthworms?
if they need to be chopped off of something, you don't have an earthworm.
nightcrawlers are earthworms.

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
Eh if I run out of fish food I just turn on the garden hose for 10 min then go out with a flashlight in that spot. Get 15 to 20 worms that way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store