What is the consensus with Southern Delight Fish food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaajer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2007
wisc
Seems like a relatively new product, however, the ingredient listing is somewhat vague and not forthcoming. Anyone try this food yet and your thoughts? Ingredient snobs, what's your take on this food's makeup? Looks like a lot of corn/soy/wheat in this pellet.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Checked out the ingredients on the web. Didn't see any corn listed. Ingredients that I saw looked pretty good. Also saw some good reviews of the food.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Each type has a different mix, some have corn and some dont. My fish liked it and I found I had a cleaner tank during my ten day exclusive test with the product. I had received samples of the Large Cichlid, Powerfeed, and Growth pellets and liked what I saw from my use of the product.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Think I'm going to do an order here in a couple days to give it a try and see how my fish react to it.

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
The food isn't bad. It's just a new food. I have added it to my variety if foods for my fish:) what pisses me off is they don't sell bulk. If you want bulk,you have to buy from a special group of guys... If can't get bulk from main supplier then guess I'll continue feeding my fish what I have been for years and drop SD:/

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I dont know what the issue is, I just placed a SAD bulk order with 'a special group of guys' and it was not that bad of pricing. Its not like you can order direct from the manufacturer with other brands.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
As an ingredient snob, I personally wouldn't feed this food to my fish if you gave me a lifetime supply for free. Ingredients wise, corn, soybeans, and poultry feather by-products (ground quills) are utilized in this food (in almost all of the formulas) and is not something that I choose to feed my fish. If I was going to go that route I would consider buying feed in bulk from a commercial feed mill, at a fraction of the cost of SD.

You can read more about my personal thoughts about this food in the following past discussion.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...050-What-do-you-guys-feed-your-cichlids/page2

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Maybe I misread and misreread it, but a selling point is that the food is biodegradable? Isn't all food biodegradable?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store