What is the grossest thing you've done in the aquarium hobby!

Manually Priming my Eheim 2217's. Always get a mouthful of aquarium water which usually ends up spat on the wall bc I don't make it to the bucket lol. I have got to invest in their manual pump to prime them lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Me too! :)

Naos1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2012
Pasig, Philippines
My previous goldfish tank smells like death one afternoon. I searched all over and cannot find anything. I removed an overflow PVC pipe during the search and have to put it back. Started manually priming and it started smelling very tragic. Some water got in my mouth. I continued. Water flow is very low compared to usual. What? Why? Decided, I'd take the overflow PVC pipe apart. Shake, shake, look, look. Behold! A dead partially rotten 1" ranchu in the pipe. So that is why I cannot find him and then "Oh, flesh eating bacteria in my lungs!"

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
My previous goldfish tank smells like death one afternoon. I searched all over and cannot find anything. I removed an overflow PVC pipe during the search and have to put it back. Started manually priming and it started smelling very tragic. Some water got in my mouth. I continued. Water flow is very low compared to usual. What? Why? Decided, I'd take the overflow PVC pipe apart. Shake, shake, look, look. Behold! A dead partially rotten 1" ranchu in the pipe. So that is why I cannot find him and then "Oh, flesh eating bacteria in my lungs!"
EWWWWW!!!! 😖😖😖😖😖😖😖

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

killzmke

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
milwaukee
I think everyone's sucked up some gross water with poop or a dead fish in it.

otmmy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Dunno how gross it is to you folks but I do this regularly when fishing.

Glass minnows for feeding my peacock bass I used to have. My fiance dared me to eat one, not knowing that I eat them regularly when I'm fishing for crappie lol.

Live, and wiggling, especially when they are in your stomach.
I did this when I was younger my cousins and I were at a lake fishing and we decided to take a break and go for a swim. Then we thought it would be fun to try and catch minnows well I caught one and they dared me to eat it lol. So naturaly being a kid and someone daring you to do something you kinda had to do it. So I opened my mouth up and dropped the still flailing minnow in. It felt weird in my mouth then when I went to go swallow it got stuck in my throat so I had to grab a gulp of water from the lake to get it down. Now I dont know what was worse the live minnow or the taste of the filthy lake water.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
We had some incident once where one of our tanks threw up their entire meal of silversides. So i was left with the task of pick up all 10-15 chunks of fish vomit silverside pieces and i would drop them in a cup but one piece splattered as it landed. :( it was all over my face and mouth:(

I of course have had my share of siphon tank water in mouth, oh and when i rinse the filters out sometime the hose water pressure would be to strong and it would back splash and i would be showered in brown filter goop. Its awesome.

Sometime its not even worth wearing a nice shirt during tank maintenance :/

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
We had some incident once where one of our tanks threw up their entire meal of silversides. So i was left with the task of pick up all 10-15 chunks of fish vomit silverside pieces and i would drop them in a cup but one piece splattered as it landed. :( it was all over my face and mouth:(

I of course have had my share of siphon tank water in mouth, oh and when i rinse the filters out sometime the hose water pressure would be to strong and it would back splash and i would be showered in brown filter goop. Its awesome.

Sometime its not even worth wearing a nice shirt during tank maintenance :/

I never knew fish threw up 😂

Pbass265

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2012
cincinnati
I went on my honeymoon and my ac went out while I was gone for 10 days. 5 bluegill died in my 125 and my filter lost its prime during a power outage. I got back and had to take them out in chunks and with the gravel vac. It made the whole house smell rotten. Even worse I have an incredibly weak stomach and kept throwing up. My father in law tried to clean a bit out before we got home while checking on the house but couldn’t do it all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store