What is the meanest fish with the worst temperment you have ever kept?

croc 2-3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
PA
Rockbass6;1532488; said:
A gold severum?! lol come on a salvini could take him out. Put a red devil in with him he won't be so tough anymore.
I've kept severums with labiatus & cintrinellums before & the severums can hold their own. My meanest fish where a hemichromis species that wasn't really classified in the early 90's as all jewels were lumped together, a hemichromis fasciatus, & an asian red tail The asian red tail actually squared off with cichlids when then got near his/her cave.

JoeFatFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2008
Westchester, CA
I have kept many cichlids, and many just had the nastiest tempers, including RD's and Midas, but of all those, I had one midas, who I swear was crazy, he was a maniac, killer! I could not keep him in my 215, without beating ALL my fish up. separated him into a 100 with a male Trimac (mean guy), twice the size of the midas. The next moring, the Trimac or midas had busted down the divider, which I swore was on tight, and the Trimac was dead, torn to pieces, like if a piranah got to him! I loed thsat Trimac, and that brain damaged asassin killed him.

green_fox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2006
canada
ive got a festivum whos killed 2 blood parrots that were 6"

Devol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2007
Marysville, WA
My two year old RD is the meanest fish I have crossed. Will kill anything- even my hands and arms when cleaning. Four fish under his belt and all were twice his size. Relentless. Will not rest until he is the only moving thing in the tank.:headbang2

Umbra

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
In terms of territorality I'd say Neolamprologus christyii - try a 5 inch fish taking up a 6 foot tank and not letting ANYTHING else live in there. Even plecos had their eyes picked out and were subsequently harassed to death.

In terms of just all out craziness, probably an old Distichodus sexfasciatus. Those things are mean, my lfs almost always have 10"+ returns that were destroying tankmates, and mine was no exception. At a tender 6", it was just picking at EVERYTHING in it's 180g. Nothing could swim by it without getting slammed. It got to the point where it had killed several fish, and every living fish in the tank had some sort of injury caused by this fish. I've heard black sharks are just as nasty, and the stories show as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store