What is the ultimate gentle giant?

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
oh and koi have some onery moments, i have personally seen koi inhale baby bullheads and chase the parents around

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
Experiment397;4434446; said:
oh and koi have some onery moments, i have personally seen koi inhale baby bullheads and chase the parents around
The Koi was probably bored! I think they are too dumb to be mean on purpose...
:naughty:

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
Experiment397;4434441; said:
mine are the psuedodoras niger, the torkosui(i dunni who its spelled) it is the one i saw kept with tiny tetras, or the mekong giant, they can be kept with 3 inch giant danios!! and they are nearly 7 feet long!!! i disagree with oscar, mine was the meanest fish ever, he died of ich, i am now glad he might have killed my girls(my jds)
They probably aren't being gentle giants, more than likely it isn't worth the energy expendature to chase such a tiny prey item. For example,
LGIM0046.jpg
This RTC at Swallow Aquatics in Norfolk isn't being nice to it's tankmates, it just is not worth the effort to chase down the healthy breeding population of guppies in the tank. I know there is a picture of a large Rhombeus Piranha that is living with many neon tetras, again it isn't being nice. It just isn't worth it. I can't remember where I seen it but i thought it was an odd but pretty cool combo.

eyespot

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2007
Williamstown, MA
I've never had a fish, no matter how gentle and 'vegetarian' they were supposed to be, that wouldn't eat another fish if it was in the wrong place at the wrong time and small enough to fit in its mouth. So....I have to go with the common pleco.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
^ya they are pretty peacefull, till they suck the slime coating off of your prized catfish had one do that to a pictus

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store