What is this fish and why so mean?!

puffer_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2005
United States
Have had him for awhile and continuously having problems with him. He is so cute and has beautiful eyes (he's 5-6 inches) but he is so aggressive. Thinking about trading him in today but wanted some input first. He is currently in "fish Purgatory" due to bad behavior......
(If pic doesn't come up I'll try again)

Dexter.jpg

ShadowVengance

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
your house
cause it's a cichlid, cichlids are for cichlid tanks, with a few exceptions like discus, angelfish, and kribinsis etc. <- but even those are fairly aggressive.

Thats just how it is.

next time, check with the person who sells it to you wether or not they are compatible with your tank. There isn't much you can do about a fish's agressivness.

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
rweedon said:
what are you keeping them with? because you could get arid of your other fish and keep him...

Amen.

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
Here is some pic of mine.... the color isn't very good in the pics. These fish are good looking in person.

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
Hey repair, what is the fish in the 3rd pic? Looks like a Geo. A BIG one.

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
softturtle said:
Hey repair, what is the fish in the 3rd pic? Looks like a Geo. A BIG one.
nicaragua cichlid. I think it's a male but I'm not sure..... heck maybe the other one is the male...... anyway it's 7 of 8"

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
nicaraguenses... great fish... and i bet I didnt even spell that right... I had 2 before, beautiful colors when adults... they are worth the wait.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store