What is this?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't know about your clown loach or dirty water but I have had this happen to more than one NTT and they were not housed alone but were the only fish to have the ailment.The first one I bought at around six inches and had it for about a month before the swelling started.It got really big and the NTT eventually died...

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
My water isn't dirty I'd say its just a trait carried by these fish. I'll keep n eye on him hopefully all goes well if I have to I'll net him but as of right now he's acting the same as he always does and he's still eating

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Other members have had this happen to their thinbars so I hope they chime in.

twilight zone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2011
somewhere in the zone
One of mine had it long time ago when I loned the fish to LFS for display. I think it was caused by the water condition. I treated it with antibiotics and it went away. I think it is relate to an infection of the lateral line. Good Luck.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
this is know as dat syndrom

i have seen it on all types of tiger

it may go and come back every now and then if they come up close to the eyes or gills it can kill

the best treatment if to pull the fish out and sqeeze it then put esha 2000 on it daily

im not sure if it spreads to other fish or not or even other tigers

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
it sucks to hear about this ailment again...the last reported case was krich's NTT I believe. Good luck with yours OP.

addisonlee25

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2008
california
im thinking along the same lines as T1, something like datnoid disease.... one of my ST's had it a while back, multiple bumps not sure where it was from, water quality was good. I treated mine by taking it out, squeezing it then dabbed it with a cotton swab of hydrogen peroxide...being careful to stay away from gills or eyes. After about two treatments it went away. Good luck

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Thanks everyone when I get home this evening I'm going to net him out and start that process mentioned above. Appreciate the help hopefully he pulls through

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store