What is wrong with my tsn

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I appreciate all the help. He got a bit excited when I dropped the shrimp in there, but refused it when he got close. I will try to feed him again tomorrow morning or night and let you know how it goes.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
No problem at all, glad I could help. If ever you're having an issue and just can't seem to get help you can always pm me and I'll see what I can do. I hope eats for you tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Well some bad news today, the tsn was rolling around in the tank. It was really saddening to see this. I did a large water change on the tank and he has settled down, but I can't tell if he is better. I should have done a water change earlier in the day to get the concentration of epsom salt down even more. I will update tomorrow on its progress.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I'm starting to think that it may be whirling disease. It lays flat perfectly now, but as soon as it starts swimming it does barrel rolls. I am going to treat for internal parasites and infections before I do "the treatment" for whirling disease. I added Melafix, pimafix, and salt to the tank and I will see how it is in the next few days. Should I also add some prazi or something? There are two very small round holes on the center of the back and the head.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
He is not doing very good. I have been trying everything I can come up with. He ha seen belly up Laying on the bottom for 3 days. Still very active though. I just finished giving him a Epsom salt dip and have lowered the water level significantly to remove pressure on his bladder. I have not seen him poop yet, so I'm assuming he is constipated. Is there anything else I can try if this doesn't work?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store