What Is Your Favorite Gar? Bonus Choice: Bowfin

Which Is Your Favorite?

• Total voters

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Cuban, He's like compareing a german shepard to a Black Lab ( My Floridas ) I don't have the room for a Gator, and I can't get my hands on a Trop Atm... otherwise those would likely be a close second.

But of course you can't go wrong with ANY gar!

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Realized I never gave a good reason as to why I voted for the fish I did (LNG) in absence of an all of the above option.. Which I'd have liked above all.
Picked out LNG for a few reasons.. 1. I have been working with them for what seems like forever now. First fish I ever kept in captivity was an LNG and it was the fish that messed up my brain enough so to actually think spending stupid amounts of time looking at these fish was a good thing. 2. That big long snout filled with teeth just does something (Fits all gar but in LNG it is something different). likely more but that is good enough for now...

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Someone else voted hybrid but didnt explain :(

Who ever did, pipe up!!

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
We need Conner to come and post for SNG... needs some more loving.

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
Realized I never gave a good reason as to why I voted for the fish I did (LNG) in absence of an all of the above option.. Which I'd have liked above all.
Picked out LNG for a few reasons.. 1. I have been working with them for what seems like forever now. First fish I ever kept in captivity was an LNG and it was the fish that messed up my brain enough so to actually think spending stupid amounts of time looking at these fish was a good thing. 2. That big long snout filled with teeth just does something (Fits all gar but in LNG it is something different). likely more but that is good enough for now... ...​

I had to vote LNG myself. Logan is just too bad tail. I sure do hope that Grumpy or Carnage (my Amia Calva) don't find out though.
What more explanation for the LNG is needed than this mouth!

tropical fish 064.jpgLongnose Gar 060 thumb.JPGLongnose Gar 199 thumb.JPGLongnose Gar 061 thumb.JPGtropical fish 065.jpgLongnose Gar 205 thumb.JPGLongnose Gar 066 thumb.JPG

tropical fish 068.jpg

Longnose Gar 061 thumb.JPG

Longnose Gar 066 thumb.JPG

Longnose Gar 060 thumb.JPG

Longnose Gar 199 thumb.JPG

Longnose Gar 205 thumb.JPG

tropical fish 068.jpg

tropical fish 065.jpg

tropical fish 064.jpg

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Most common gar to keep, and most people will become favorited towards their own pets... it's all good with me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store