What kind of budget should I be looking at?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
What are you asking if I'm seeing ? If he said they would set up a 60 gallon saltwater tank than I would have believed him from the beginning .
Haha now thekid is doubting him. I think an amazon tank would be good.

Reactions: Oompa Loompa

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
I will admit, my original plan now sounds like it would be a living hell to have to maintain. I think one massive tank or two large tanks (one FW one salt) would be cooler than a bunch of tanks with random animals in them. So I have a feeling we are going to end up with less than 5 tanks at the end of this all, it would leave a more lasting impression and be much easier to maintain - it's also a much more realistic goal.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Definitely. The doubt has been pushed back a little but its still therez i hope this does go through though

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Definitely. The doubt has been pushed back a little but its still therez i hope this does go through though
Me too. I'm looking into auto WC'rs for the tanks. You said something about taking the stock levels back, not sure where the post went though. I personally don't think it's too bad - 7 rays (orbignyis are a bit smaller as well), 7 dwarf plecos, an aro, 24 SDs, 2 pikes, 6-8 geos, 4 severums, 2 uarus. The SDs could be taken back a bit I think though, 24 full grown silver dollars is a lot. I want to replace the plecos with some kind of catfish known to be "Safer" with rays. I also want to add pbass but I don't know about them being too aggressive of feeders to be with the rays. They might pick off the silver dollars too, everything else would probably be fine though. I'd go with orinos and perhaps kelberis in this tank if I did go with them

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Me too. I'm looking into auto WC'rs for the tanks. You said something about taking the stock levels back, not sure where the post went though. I personally don't think it's too bad - 7 rays (orbignyis are a bit smaller as well), 7 dwarf plecos, an aro, 24 SDs, 2 pikes, 6-8 geos, 4 severums, 2 uarus. The SDs could be taken back a bit I think though, 24 full grown silver dollars is a lot. I want to replace the plecos with some kind of catfish known to be "Safer" with rays. I also want to add pbass but I don't know about them being too aggressive of feeders to be with the rays. They might pick off the silver dollars too, everything else would probably be fine though. I'd go with orinos and perhaps kelberis in this tank if I did go with them
Oh whoops, I was looking at the other thread - didn't realize you responded to both

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store