What kind of lizard is this?

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Agree. I also think it is something from skinks group. But I still have no idea what kind or even what family of this skink is..

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
The left one looks like some kind of whiptail. My closest guess for the right one is an American Five-lined Skink, but that is not what it is. +1 to posting better pics.

Reactions: nono

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
The one on the left looks like a female Aruban whiptail. The guy on the right kind of looks like a darker colored fire skink.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I thought it looked like the pattern of a fire salamander, but I knew better than to say it was a fire salamander! Never heard of a fire skink, but if there is such a thing, that is most likely what it is :)

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I thought it looked like the pattern of a fire salamander, but I knew better than to say it was a fire salamander! Never heard of a fire skink, but if there is such a thing, that is most likely what it is :)
Definitely not a fire skink, fire skinks almost look like they are on fire. Lots of bright red colors all over. With this guy here I'm not certain what kind of skink it is. Definitely something I haven't seen before. Could possibly be a hybrid of some kind. I looked for a couple hours and couldn't find any skink that looked like that guy. Seen a few that had similar traits but nothing that fit the bill exactly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store