What makes a "Quality" EBJD?

itsalmosteasy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Utah
I know you mention quality.... I look at undesirable FEATURES like long streamer on the dorsal and anal fin, the beak nose or bump on the nose. To me the blue is subjective to the eyes of the beholder so that does not in anyway affect the quality of the EBJD.
Long streamers like probasser's that he posted? I thought people would be for having longer finnage? Also, what does a beak nose look like? Can someone share a pic of an example?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LiLye

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Canada
Here's a shot of mine, I feel I lucked out with his deep blue coloring. But, what do I know. Lol
He's got some nice teeth showing in the second picture.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1365655471.273721.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1365655495.018043.jpg

CrazyLegz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bay Area,CA
Long streamers like probasser's that he posted? I thought people would be for having longer finnage? Also, what does a beak nose look like? Can someone share a pic of an example?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Heres an example of a beaked nose...my lfs only wants 15 dollars for him

Sent from my SPH-L900 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1367175181983.jpg

itsalmosteasy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Utah
Thanks for posting that pic. That is the first one I have seen have that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

blauaugigengel

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Well, the guy you bought him from should be careful then, because my EBJD is 2 yrs old, and his pattern and color has changed several times. He used to be all blue, now he has some gold, and he used to be more solid blue, and now black patterning has come about his face.

oriqua

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2010
Firey PHOENIX
more 028.JPGlegoland 100.JPG
Heres an example of a beaked nose...my lfs only wants 15 dollars for him

Sent from my SPH-L900 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
in response to crazy legz example of beak face that not beak face...
That's not beak nose, he missing his nose it's poor genetics ...To me a great ebjd has nice short face and long trailers looks like a reg jack with blue and its subjective to the owner but thats what i see as quality...
This is beak nose the left handed specimen has it bad..show stoppa is a different line and there divided...his face is more even : These specimens came from rick coye's line he sold me the runts and to me this trait is undesirable! all breeders got good stock and junk...

more 028.JPG

legoland 100.JPG

HOLLYWOOD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2006
Oregon
View attachment 908388View attachment 908389
in response to crazy legz example of beak face that not beak face...
That's not beak nose, he missing his nose it's poor genetics ...To me a great ebjd has nice short face and long trailers looks like a reg jack with blue and its subjective to the owner but thats what i see as quality...
This is beak nose the left handed specimen has it bad..show stoppa is a different line and there divided...his face is more even : These specimens came from rick coye's line he sold me the runts and to me this trait is undesirable! all breeders got good stock and junk...
IMHO I like the EBJD pictured on the right....I cant see whats wrong with it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store