What should I expect??

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
My guess is that as your tastes mature you will be less inclined to want captive bred fish, as they look quite deformed once you have seen a great deal of wild caught species.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
My guess is that as your tastes mature you will be less inclined to want captive bred fish, as they look quite deformed once you have seen a great deal of wild caught species.
My favorite poly are lapradei, and koliba( type of lapradei right?) my goal is to get a koliba but I can't find any small enough for this tank rn so might have to wait. I think I'm gonna go endli and ornate, and a delhezi if i can find one. Will that work?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
My favorite poly are lapradei, and koliba( type of lapradei right?) my goal is to get a koliba but I can't find any small enough for this tank rn so might have to wait. I think I'm gonna go endli and ornate, and a delhezi if i can find one. Will that work?

That depends on the del some grow decently quick others slow as hell .... But that's a better choice than the buetikoferi .... I agree with lion ... I wouldn't get 2 I anything to u have ventured around with the species a little bit if u r planning on being a bichir keeper and gettin more

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
I would suggest contacting Jason at aqautic day care very cool guy an very helpful .... He has small wild caught polys including endlis and ornates for good prices I got a endli from him and it turned out gorgeous this is endli I got from him

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1427839322.286085.jpg

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
I would suggest contacting Jason at aqautic day care very cool guy an very helpful .... He has small wild caught polys including endlis and ornates for good prices I got a endli from him and it turned out gorgeous this is endli I got from him

How do I contact him and what are his prices?

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
http://aquaticdaycare.com/price-list

His prices are listed.

And yes, Koliba is a specific species of lapradei. Lapradei are a part of the bichir complex which includes the beautiful and pricy PBB.

Anything you buy from Jason will have either outgrown or will outgrow a 30 gallon tank quickly. The smallest available species he has at the moment both possess extremely rapid growth rates (Ansorgii and BV Endli). My BV endli went from 5" to 10" in a handful of months. I feed massivore and talapia and let my polys eat until they are full almost every day.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida

His prices are listed.

And yes, Koliba is a specific species of lapradei. Lapradei are a part of the bichir complex which includes the beautiful and pricy PBB.

Anything you buy from Jason will have either outgrown or will outgrow a 30 gallon tank quickly. The smallest available species he has at the moment both possess extremely rapid growth rates (Ansorgii and BV Endli). My BV endli went from 5" to 10" in a handful of months. I feed massivore and talapia and let my polys eat until they are full almost every day.
The ones I were looking at were on aquabid from wetspot

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas

His prices are listed.

I think as of right now a "Koliba" is just a lap collected from a different water system. It's not a described species yet (at least that I've heard of).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store