WHAT SIZE MOTORO TO GET?

hollywood69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2006
virginia
just make sure

1. it eats, where do you live there's got to be a place in driving distance where you can watch it eat!

2. 6.5-7.5 ph, the lower the better
3. ammonia 0
4. nitrite 0
5. MAKE SURE THE TANK IS CYCLED FIRST!

remember the ray will only grow fast if you feed a lot, you can control how much you feed and you can control the size.

100GAL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
RIGHT HERE
1. I am not buying one local...:(
2. my ph is 7.8
3. ammonia..0
4. nitirte..0
5. been set up for 3 years..

thanks

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
if you are worried about the size of your tank dont buy the ray in the 1st place

if the seller want you to buy the ray then get him to send you a little video clip of the ray feeding its not hard to do

i personally wouldnt buy any ray i havent seen feeding i have once and it can be hard work for someone whos not experianced with rays to get it feeding

90% of ray problems you see are i cant get my new rays feeding

see it feeding before you buy then you elimanate alot of the new ray keeper problems

100GAL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
RIGHT HERE
T1KARMANN;936180; said:
if you are worried about the size of your tank dont buy the ray in the 1st place

if the seller want you to buy the ray then get him to send you a little video clip of the ray feeding its not hard to do

i personally wouldnt buy any ray i havent seen feeding i have once and it can be hard work for someone whos not experianced with rays to get it feeding

90% of ray problems you see are i cant get my new rays feeding

see it feeding before you buy then you elimanate alot of the new ray keeper problems
I am not to concerned about tank size because I WILL be upgrading as soon as needed...:naughty: I didnt think about the video idea...I will request this...Who would you trust vendor wise on here..for rays?

hollywood69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2006
virginia
motoros are the hardiest of rays, i mean you'd really have to choose the absolute worst vendor, or you have really messed up your tank and water conditions. just make sure you at least see a picture and ask what the ph the ray is currently in and maybe you can adjust yours if it's a huge difference.

i think most vendors keep them in at least neutral 7.0, but you may see some at 6.5. if you are in a illegal stae and if that's the reason " you are not buying one local" then don't bother, most trustworthy vendors won't sell to illegal states.

100GAL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
RIGHT HERE
hollywood69;936216; said:
motoros are the hardiest of rays, i mean you'd really have to choose the absolute worst vendor, or you have really messed up your tank and water conditions. just make sure you at least see a picture and ask what the ph the ray is currently in and maybe you can adjust yours if it's a huge difference.

i think most vendors keep them in at least neutral 7.0, but you may see some at 6.5. if you are in a illegal stae and if that's the reason " you are not buying one local" then don't bother, most trustworthy vendors won't sell to illegal states.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP...

I DO NOT HAVE ANY GOOD LFS IN MY AREA... HELL I HAD TO ORDER A FLORIDA GAR CAUSE THEY DONT EVEN CARRY THEM. SUCKS.......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store