What the biggest fish you ever caught?

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Caveman said:
I am not to sure on the size of the Salmon I catch because I dont weigh or measure them but I would say they are as big or bigger then the salmon this lady is holding.

Some of the King Salmon I catch are WAY bigger then the pictured fish but I only gt 2-3 of them a year. And smoked Salmon is the best tasting fish I have ever had.
Never really took weights but tack on about 6in. to a foot to the fish the lady is holding on the first page, and I've nailed down plenty of steelhead and cohoe out of lake Ontario, Sodus Bay, that were gorgeous.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
!4' sixgill shark, 10' barndoor skate, 7+' blue fin tuna, 6'2" sturgeon. 8' wolf eel, 6'+ halibut.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
I go fishing a lot, yesterday I caught six fish but the biggest was an 8" brown bullhead.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
Caveman, those silvers are beauties, bigger than any silver I ever caught and tastier than Chinook, even if the blackmouths are bigger.

AmazonPredator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
The most impressive catch I can brag about was a a largemouth bass about 14-15'' or so right by the bank. It was during the night, he was asleep and it was too easy. :grinyes:

magic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
East Bay
45 pound pacific halibut. I caught it in alaska which rules!!!!!! :headbang2

I also once caught a 12 pound california halibut on a little kid rod with 5 pound or less test!!! It took me 1/2 hour to bring it in cause i had to keep lettin it run with the line or it would break it instantly. I casted 2 jigs in a row b4 catching it and each cast broke the line!!! :ROFL: Ive caught some good size lingcod too.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
magic said:
45 pound pacific halibut. I caught it in alaska which rules!!!!!! :headbang2

I also once caught a 12 pound california halibut on a little kid rod with 5 pound or less test!!! It took me 1/2 hour to bring it in cause i had to keep lettin it run with the line or it would break it instantly. I casted 2 jigs in a row b4 catching it and each cast broke the line!!! :ROFL: Ive caught some good size lingcod too.
lol nice, I have a kiddy pole with 5 pound line I thought about using once, but never bothred... maybe I shouuld try :lol2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store