What the hell has happened around here????

nikond70s

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2009
uranus
yep, the lounge has been dead and will stay this way. you can thank certain mods for this. but i wont say much cuz id prolly get banned. people were getting banned for the stupidest things. thats why people dont really post here anymore. cant really have fun in the lounge anymore. ever since i was banned for the stupidest thing and voicing my opinion i dont bother anymore. i only come here like 2-3 times a week now and its mainly on the marketplace to see what people are selling.

EmilyMarie85

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
Boise, ID
I'm from the "noob surge" so take it for what you will but traffic has died around here because:

1. People pushing boundaries of MFK rules and getting banned, and then pitching huge fits over it, causing rifts between mods/members
2. Inconsistent rule enforcement from the mods, which only adds fuel to the fire on #1
3. Mentality from older members that all new members are dumb/useless - there is no effort made to hide this feeling from new members
4. Members over-flaming other members, especially new ones
5. New members arguing with advice given to them by old members, which adds fuel to the fire on #3

Not trying to point blame on anyone in particular -- just my honest opinion from what I have seen.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
All forum activity is slowing, not just MFK. The atmosphere of a forum is created by the members. You help fuel the activity.

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
I have noticed things have been really slow lately. I know I've only been a member for a year, but it used to be a lot more active. I took like 2 months off and came back and now everything is seemingly dead.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
You can't say ***********?

That's too funny I didn't know that! :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com