what to do with alot of 10s

Dreamsing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas
Racersk;4597808; said:
Use one or 2 as a sump and overflow from the top to the next, to the next, etc...Cascading fish art with one lamp over the whole thing, just need one pond pump, several overflow U bends, and a light fixture...

You could even incorporate the return into the structure as a spine, make it all from brass (polished!) and you got live art!
That's a neat idea. I was thinking that they could be setup on a big shared filtration system like they use at some small LFSs.

red devil123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2009
Fort Wayne
Dreamsing;4597830; said:
That's a neat idea. I was thinking that they could be setup on a big shared filtration system like they use at some small LFSs.
but then there is the threat of a ich epidemic or something

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
red devil123;4597839; said:
ich would need a host for it to travel.

nice size difference you had on the piranhas there. Did they all survive?

red devil123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2009
Fort Wayne
ballinouttacntrol;4597854; said:
ich would need a host for it to travel.

nice size difference you had on the piranhas there. Did they all survive?
haha theres quite a story about those piranhas. they were the first "monster fish" I ever had. I got the bigger one about 3 months before the smaller one and when I got the smaller one I just dumped it in being the dumb fish keeper i once was and the bigger one chomped off the smaller ones tail and I dident know what to do so I put it in a one gallon gold fish bowl and sat there for hours at a time watching it and making sure it ate the pieces of potato that I droped in the bowl....its a miracle that its still alive :D

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
red devil123;4597839; said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsing
That's a neat idea. I was thinking that they could be setup on a big shared filtration system like they use at some small LFSs.'unquote'

No need for a big sump, use what's there, utilize the 2 bottom tanks for filtration, first one filled with a large sponge then bio balls or totally full of scrubbies, this overflows to the last one that hase coarse to finner floss, ending with a sump with your return pump.

The can be stocked with breeding betas, or ???... If ick is an issue, medicate the sump, and it goes away?! Why would the cure not effect the entire tank system as it filters, or transfers ich as suggested?

Dreamsing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas
If you're using one or more as a sump, you could (yes I know I recommend this a lot) put a UV Sterilizer in the sump tank. You'll be doing something REALLY wrong if you get ick or any other waterborne illness spreading through your tanks if you run a sterilizer.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
red devil123;4597882; said:
haha theres quite a story about those piranhas. they were the first "monster fish" I ever had. I got the bigger one about 3 months before the smaller one and when I got the smaller one I just dumped it in being the dumb fish keeper i once was and the bigger one chomped off the smaller ones tail and I dident know what to do so I put it in a one gallon gold fish bowl and sat there for hours at a time watching it and making sure it ate the pieces of potato that I droped in the bowl....its a miracle that its still alive :D
they've got the healing power of wolverine. smart thinking seperating them. lol. Alright, enough of the derailing. good luck figuring out what to do

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store