What type is good?

kdguam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2006
Guam USA
I have a 29 gallon tank and an 80 gallon tank (my wife keeps her Goldfish in it). What type of fish can I put in the 29 gallon tank that would be happy from fry to adult? I have currently two 2.5 inch flowerhorns in it. I want something with more monster looks and attitude. Thanks for any kind of response.

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
convict cichlid, not much to look at but has a monster attitude

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely

scottchristian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2005
las vegas, NV
flowerhorns are monsters themselves, and they will get very big, much too big for a 29 gal. i dont know what you were planning on doing with them for life, but the convict idea is a good one.if you get at least a few you are bound too end up with a mated pair. im even planning the same thing, for feeders though.. :)

kdguam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2006
Guam USA
Thanks! I don't plan on doing anything cruel with them. I just think it is more exciting to watch fish eat live food versus pellets or flakes.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
kdguam said:
Thanks! I don't plan on doing anything cruel with them. I just think it is more exciting to watch fish eat live food versus pellets or flakes.

flowerhorns will eat live food, are generally very agressive, and generally have spectacular color. They will need a tank much larger than a 29. You wont find a monster that will gobble live food that will live in a 29 for life IMO.

p.s. pellets are better :grinyes:

HarpoGarza

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
Citrus Heights, CA
3 figure 8 puffers would make for an interesting 29. Pretty vicious for their size, and fun to watch them eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store