What type of flowerhorn is green?

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Chrisplosion;4344469; said:
I truly don't care (probably not the best mind set) which kind I get, I just wanted to get one that was all or mostly green. I'm not an expert on Flowerhorn so I wanted to know if being all or mostly green was because they are a certain or its a certain breed like ZZ or Red Dragon. I know I don't want a silk one though.
As far as I see, finding the right Red ZZ(Red Dragon belongs in the ZZ family, so it's either Red ZZ or Blue ZZ) will have more green than any FH out there. Thai silk is suppose to be more of a metallic silver blue.

OB-G37S

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
In the Ocean
do you mean like this?

tooth517

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
Eaton Rapids , Michigan
BIG_ONE;4344374; said:
The 3rd picture, that is not a flowerhorn...that is a sheephead fish that a fisherman caught. The 1st & 2nd picture, those are kamfa.
I thought the first one looked like a really pearly red dragon(I could be wrong and anyone correct me if that is the case). Like my avatar. He's not really green though the pearls appear green in a poorly lit pic. My guy is actually an electric blue!

Good luck picking out a flowerhorn and remember there are lots of folks on here ready to help you any way they can! It doesn't matter what strain you get just look for one that catches your eye!! You can't go wrong with a flowerhorn!!!

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
tooth517;4345358; said:
I thought the first one looked like a really pearly red dragon(I could be wrong and anyone correct me if that is the case). Like my avatar. He's not really green though the pearls appear green in a poorly lit pic. My guy is actually an electric blue!

Good luck picking out a flowerhorn and remember there are lots of folks on here ready to help you any way they can! It doesn't matter what strain you get just look for one that catches your eye!! You can't go wrong with a flowerhorn!!!
I had one before but didn't have the room for it and it kept trying to kill my turtle so I gave him away.

cjbarth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2009
WI
Mean like this!!! His lip got beat up from banging eggcrate before I got him.

[YT]66DakKbYUBk[/YT]

I also have a KML that has a lot of Green and Red On him too!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store