What you think of this Marble Pup?

Mobatic

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2008
Just wondering if this pup would be a stunner? Belongs to a friend of mine. Saw the parent and they are pretty solid. He was going to sell it but I told him to hang on to it. Its only 5 inch.

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2203.JPG

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Woah!!! nice move to keep it for sure...

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
honestly, i dont think parent mean a darn thing when picking pups. i've seen some incredible pups come from some less than perfect looking parents. this one is definately a keeper :drool:

ajsmith235

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2010
Southern Indiana
only time will tell...thats the great thing about Marbles....always changing and full of surprises!

Mobatic

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2008
cjfrontlovr;5044866; said:
honestly, i dont think parent mean a darn thing when picking pups. i've seen some incredible pups come from some less than perfect looking parents. this one is definately a keeper :drool:
Yeah, I can understand that. I had a buddy with a pair that was pretty washed out and when pups came out of the pair, I was impress with the quality and marking. For some reason, alot of member always tend to want to see parents but i guess if you have a good eye for rays, then most of the time you can see what is consider good quality pieces. Thanks again for the response.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I think pics of parents are very important. I've seen many amazing looking pups turn out just like thier parents. Sure they are 10 fold as nice as the parents when young, but a majority that I've seen tend to STAY nice IF the parents are nice.

If you're in it to just keep them till they get big then sell them then no biggie, look for the nice ones. BUT, IF you're in for the long haul and will be keeping it till the end, I'd feel MUCH more confident buying a pup with nice parents then a nice pup with average parents.

I could be wrong but till someone shows me the proof I'm sticking with what I have seen.

Mobatic

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2008
DB junkie;5046226; said:
I think pics of parents are very important. I've seen many amazing looking pups turn out just like thier parents. Sure they are 10 fold as nice as the parents when young, but a majority that I've seen tend to STAY nice IF the parents are nice.

If you're in it to just keep them till they get big then sell them then no biggie, look for the nice ones. BUT, IF you're in for the long haul and will be keeping it till the end, I'd feel MUCH more confident buying a pup with nice parents then a nice pup with average parents.

I could be wrong but till someone shows me the proof I'm sticking with what I have seen.
DB,

I see your point of view. I guess it all depends on people preference. I try look to see what the parents are to know what im expecting, but sometimes its hard due to vendor or people just having pups but no pix of parents so its like a 50/50 gamble. Even for wild caught, you just have to justify by picking the star of whats imported. I have to give props to AJ, for that male he picked up. For sure, thats a stunner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store