What's going on with my angel?

Sinister-Kisses

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
This guy has been like this for a couple weeks. It looks like he's got sinuses full of blood worms for lack of a better description. My only thought is septicema so I started treating him with Metroplex and Kanaplex together. After a week following the every other day dosing, no improvement. He had stopped eating and got pretty skinny. The other day I offered him a couple blood worms just to see and he took them, so he has started eating again which is good. As such, I've been soaking blood worms with the Kana and Metro now, every night for about 4-5 days now. He eats it all that I can see, but his poor little snoot doesn't look any better. Ideas?

https://flic.kr/p/2pP7vYN

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
This guy has been like this for a couple weeks. It looks like he's got sinuses full of blood worms for lack of a better description. My only thought is septicema so I started treating him with Metroplex and Kanaplex together. After a week following the every other day dosing, no improvement. He had stopped eating and got pretty skinny. The other day I offered him a couple blood worms just to see and he took them, so he has started eating again which is good. As such, I've been soaking blood worms with the Kana and Metro now, every night for about 4-5 days now. He eats it all that I can see, but his poor little snoot doesn't look any better. Ideas?

https://flic.kr/p/2pP7vYN
I’ve had a couple polys get septicema and it spread pretty quickly and they refused food. The affected area doubled in size in a few days. Is it possible that the angel banged its face on something and because of its color it looks like that?

Reactions: AR1

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d say injury of some sort. Looks similar on both sides. I’d try some bio bandage and a round of api fungus cure….but I’m guessing.

Reactions: AR1 and tlindsey

Sinister-Kisses

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
He's been like this for a couple weeks now and visually hasn't improved at all so I'm really not sure. Never heard of bio bandage but I'm in Canada and can't get Fungus Cure - or ANY ACTUAL FISH MEDICATION - in this country. I can only get meds by ordering from a US site that ships across the boarder and HOPING the customs people don't confiscate my package when it's inspected. That's the only reason I have the kana and metro - had to "smuggle" it in 🙄

Sinister-Kisses

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
Googled bio bandage and turns out it's one of the few things I CAN get in Canada. Just ordered some with 2 day shipping so will see if that help him. Thanks.

Sinister-Kisses

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
Damn, sorry about your discus! Whatever this is has been rather frustrating since I can't seem to heal him up.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store