whats the difference

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
R2 moonlights are very good led lights. I have them on my tanks, however they don't work too well for photography. I have tried filters of green red and blue, and the blue works the best. Your plecs, and any other nocturnals will come out quite a bit more, and be very active. One thing to watch though is that you still give them normal lighting. Also these lights do not work if it is light out, or light coming from elsewhere in the room.

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
um what are r2 moon lights are they special tank lights or can i go to my local stores and ask if they have them:confused:

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
what lights work best for photos

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Blue lights just don't work well for photos. Any bright light will work well. R2 moonlights is just a brand I prefer.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
ummm, a variety. ive tried this so different ways. with flash/without flash, with room lights without, with tank lights, without. without with a strong LED torch. its been trying i can tell you. there are some great tips in the photo lounge. and i think someone (sorry cant remember) posted something about how to shoot great pics in the arowana section but applies for all fish. some people are a natural at it, M|L takes good pics, along with loads of others.
heres one with the LED effect, and with and without flash. makes quite a difference. to be honest i take about 80 bad pics to every good one i get. which is quite poor, considering this fish wasnt even moving!!!

pics.JPG

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
thanks guys:D

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
i've got a ? do plecos have eye lids or can they just turn there eyes down because sometimes when i wach my h. punctatus i'll notice his eyes turn down or some thing i try to get a pic but my cams got a 5 sec delay before it takes a pic:swear: :swear:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store