What's your FAV dog breed??

AfricanCichlidFan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2009
None of your business!
cichlid_starter;3316478; said:
Airedale.
Get a male as they get larger. Mine is around 80lbs and sends people to the other side of the street when they walk by. They are great with kids and easy to train but make sure you are more strong willed than it is.

My neighbors brother came outside to smoke. He had never seen Finn before. I my dog bark and someone say HEY HEY HEY!. I go outside and the guy is hugging the side of the house with 10ft and a 6ft chain link fence separating them. Finn wasn't trying to be menacing but his presence in a dark ally is intimidating. I put the dog inside and the guy just looks at me and says..."thats a big mother F**kin dog, man"

Hope that gives you some ideas.
Nice dog, how big is the dog?? Your story made me laugh so hard.:ROFL:
I will be looking up for this dog. Thank's

Mosdefenate

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2006
Ft.Lauderdale Florida
seaofdreams;3316433; said:
She is adorable, it's ridiculous that a few terrible owners, failing to look after their dogs have given Pitbulls such a bad reputation.
yea its insane... my neighbors called the cops on me twice because of her and a guy around the corner pulled a gun out on my friend because of our dogs... its really not a bad breed at all so loving.

seaofdreams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Mosdefenate;3316516; said:
yea its insane... my neighbors called the cops on me twice because of her and a guy around the corner pulled a gun out on my friend because of our dogs... its really not a bad breed at all so loving.
I honestly believe that any problem a dog has is because of how it was raised, if a dog is raised well by an owner who understands the particular breed then the dog will be a happy and friendly dog.

JenTN

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I would suggest getting a puppy from lines that are "protective"- not highly protective- once again, with good nerves. My dog was protective- but not highly so, or sharp, or aggressive. He made a ton of noise if a stranger came around- but he knew the sound of everyone's cars and if he knew them, it was fine. He never postured to bite, he just made a lot of racket- that's what you want, unless you are going to work your dog in bitesports. For example, my mom said he was a wuss- she came in my house, walked past his crate to the back of the house, and he barely woke up from his nap enough to look at her- but he knew her and the sound of her car. When the plumber came, he raised immortal cane and the plumber was scared to death of my 85 lb 9 month old puppy, lol. So as a woman alone, it was a good thing for him to know I had a "scary dog"- but if I'd introduced the plumber to him, he would've just slobbered him to death with kisses.

Training is key though- you have to be willing to take them to obedience classes. Nothing like a large dog with protective instincts that won't listen. My dog could've easily dragged or knocked us down- but he didn't try. I once spilled an entire bag of treats (including hotdogs) right at his feet in puppy class. He started to go for them, I told him to "leave it" and he stopped and looked at me. He didn't even eat his food until I told him it was okay to. With larger, smart, protective breeds, per se, you have to set a clear "leadership" role from the minute you bring em home! Firm but fair. And if your wife is home, she should be a big part of the training too :)

cichlid_starter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2009
Indianapolis
AfricanCichlidFan;3316511; said:
Nice dog, how big is the dog?? Your story made me laugh so hard.:ROFL:
I will be looking up for this dog. Thank's
Its called natures only natural babysitter. mine is 80lbs but is big for its breed.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
ok this one is easy for me CHINESE CRESTED PUREBREED

I LOVE THEM

in my avatar is spike and his daughter hawk

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store