What's your favorite?

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
What's your favorite SA/CA cichlid you've had? Why? (Include a pic)

My experience is limited because I just resently got into the hobby in a more serious fashion but it's gotta be my Jack Dempsey. He has beautiful iridescents and he's pretty active, loves chasing feeders.

image.jpg

juddb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
washington
My 16" male dovii who passed on, because he was an absolute beast! Now I have a pair, who spawn all the time but the personalities are polar opposite, I think that's why I like them so much. My last male went through 6 females and no successful spawns, he hated anything that hit the water. The male I have now is 9" and pretty mellow, not shy but not mean

Xlegitxrangerx

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2015
Maine
My green terror and his mate. They were my first cichlids. I was utterly memorized by him and how well he could raise his fry! I had to give him up as he wasn't very aggressive compared to the others. He got beat up lots

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Haven't actually heard much about uaru. What are they comparable/compatible with?

Words

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
The Greens
Haven't actually heard much about uaru. What are they comparable/compatible with?
They do great with most peaceful SA cichlids. I've kept mine with Eartheaters, Pearsei, Clown Loaches, Heckelii, and Acaras. Prefer warmer temps and a heavy amount of veggies in their diet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store