What's your oldest fish?

Def Leppard Hysteria

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Omaha, NE
Awesome, my spotted Raphael is sixteen and I see him maybe once a year, just about the time I'm sure he is dead
Ha ha...ours used to be that way until about a year and a half ago. Now, he comes out in the bright lights and cruises around and snags the pellets that make it to the bottom of the tank. He's not afraid to run over anybody who gets in his way.

Wulfonce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2009
Ontario
My oldest was a 1" feeder comet (paid 14 cents for him) that survived in a predator tank for several months without been eaten. I was so impressed that this fish avoided becoming dinner for so long, that I gave him a tank of his own. I've had him for 12 years now and in that time he has grown close to 11" nose to tail. He's the king of his very own 50gal corner tank. He has developed a puppy-like personality over the years as well. When I come home from work he goes from inactive to totally crazy when he sees me walk in the room. He eats from my hand, and even rubs up against me when I'm trying to clean the tank. Ever give a fish belly rubs? :D

Having been a fish keeper since I was 5, (nearly 25 years) I can honestly say that, the under-appreciated goldfish, has one of the best personalities in the fish kingdom, closely followed by Oscars. I appreciate this goldfish so much I recently spend $800 on a new setup for him because I was forced to move out of my previous home and had to sell his old setup.

I've kept a lot of "cooler" fish over the years everything from frontosa, to clown knife, to arowana, but they've never held a place in my heart like the goldfish I have now.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Awesome story :)

Can't wait to get a tank for goldies indoors someday

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Greenboy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Derbyshire, UK
My oldest is a 15 year old Bristlenose Plec, but i hear they can live for over 20 so mine is nothing special i guess. However i have a 8 year old glowlight tetra in the same tank and they are only meant to live 5 years or so! Shes got a sunken eye and a damaged gill plate but just refuses to die.

Both survived the "nuclear winter" when my cousin tipped a whole pot of flake into the tank... dark times... dark times... only them, my chain loaches, and a lone kulli loach survived :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store