When should i start training?

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
You say krill and I say shrimp. They are different... my rays won't touch krill. Persistence ... Keep offering every day until they start excepting. I would nit stop feeding black worms but maybe a few days off here and there

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Tried to feed cut up tiger shrimp today. No luck :/

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Try feeding at midnight with all the lights out in the room except a tiny nightlight so you can see. Then you have to be ninja quiet so they don't know your there. I've sat in near darkness for hours to watch New rays test out foods. Be creative and don't give up!

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Try feeding at midnight with all the lights out in the room except a tiny nightlight so you can see. Then you have to be ninja quiet so they don't know your there. I've sat in near darkness for hours to watch New rays test out foods. Be creative and don't give up!

I tried this yesterday, they did the same. They attempted the red wiggles, then just spat it out.... It's moldy now cause I left it overnight so I took it out

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ

Maybe I'm just not used to rays and my ray is still too young? Their mouths are quite small and I cut te worms small enough to fit their mouth but maybe they dot have large enough teeth yet?

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Just an update of how the rays are doing now.after getting the male I realized how skinny the female really was. Probably so bad I'd be banned from the stingray forum.. So I ended up giving up for the past week with feeding pellets and bought out my Lfs entire supply of blackworms for the month and was contemplating on tubifex. I decided not to. Rays are also recognizing me and not hiding every time I go feed them. New ray coming in tomorrow. I'll update again soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store