When you pick out your fish, what do you look for?

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Usually what ever catches my eye. While most people prefer the dominant fish I avoid them. I try not to bring aggression into my tanks.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Usually what ever catches my eye. While most people prefer the dominant fish I avoid them. I try not to bring aggression into my tanks.
Same here. Good color is always an indicator of good health and less stress. I usually go for the least dominate or aggressive since my current fish aren't so aggressive. This has worked well for me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
I just recently went to buy a baby Jag.

First I watch them in the tank. Normally I would look for the most aggressive. The ones that chase everyone else around.
But that's not how I chose this time.
They were all under 1", I had the guy pull out 6-8 of them and put them in the little plastic container. While they were in there, all the previously aggressive ones where stressed and scared, but there was one little guy who was in good shape physically, no ripped or clamped fins, no ich, no coudy eyes, who was trying to eat some of the debris in the container while all the bigger ones were just huddled in the corner.
So I got the little guy. I figure, he's not even scared.

I got him home and he's never been shy. He comes out to see what's up when I look in the tank and eats very well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store