Where to buy insects?

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
www.faunaclassifieds.com

I've talked to a few weirdos that like to keep exotic bugs onthat site. I've got some weird 'hobbies' but that one's even out-there for me... but I don't judge... lol

ozz465

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2006
Ca
Theroach ranch .com if your into roaches, got my starter roaches from there .

ReelBigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
In a house
Industrial;4994031; said:
I tried all the sites and am awaiting forum membership. So far though no luck. The specific insect I was looking for is a giraffe weevil.
check out Hatari Invertebrates. Google it and it will be at the top listed as "Merker Reptiles". They have a nice collection of cool inverts, mostly those found in the USA though.

Seeing that you want a weevil, chances are good that you'd need a permit from the USDA to legally own such a critter.

Industrial

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
Buffalo, NY
ReelBigFish;4995281; said:
check out Hatari Invertebrates. Google it and it will be at the top listed as "Merker Reptiles". They have a nice collection of cool inverts, mostly those found in the USA though.

Seeing that you want a weevil, chances are good that you'd need a permit from the USDA to legally own such a critter.
Thanks for the site, but no luck.

I have no idea where to even begin to look. Do you know of any places where I can find information on regulations for keeping insects?

ReelBigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
In a house
Industrial;4995316; said:
Thanks for the site, but no luck.

I have no idea where to even begin to look. Do you know of any places where I can find information on regulations for keeping insects?
Good question. I myself have had trouble as well. You could contact the USDA, or contact the dealer directly. I know Ken and Hatari Inverts would be able to offer some great advice on regulations. The USDA itself I hear can be very confusing when offering advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store