where to buy large tanks from?

ΡredatoryFishLover

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2022
Hey, I've been looking into getting a large acrylic tank (anywhere from 300-700 Gallons), but I have been struggling to locate one at the right price and right area. Are there any suggestions or recommendations on where to look or to go to acquire one? I know MonsterFishKeepers is a great option which is why im on here, but I've had little luck so far. any help is welcomed. thanks! (I'm in South Carolina.)

Reactions: tlindsey

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
Hey, I've been looking into getting a large acrylic tank (anywhere from 300-700 Gallons), but I have been struggling to locate one at the right price and right area. Are there any suggestions or recommendations on where to look or to go to acquire one? I know MonsterFishKeepers is a great option which is why im on here, but I've had little luck so far. any help is welcomed. thanks! (I'm in South Carolina.)
Have you checked the regular places, Facebook marketplace, eBay, Craigslists and all those other places? I would also check with ur Lfs(s)

Reactions: ΡredatoryFishLover

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
FINWIN FINWIN

Reactions: ΡredatoryFishLover

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Custom Aquariums (GLASS ONLY) all day, every day. They have an online configuration tool where you can 'make your own dimensions.' Top notch communication and service. They also have retailers at pet stores (check your area) that can deliver or help setup if needed.

They also tell you what the actual gallons and model gallons are. For example a 125 is really around 117. To get 125 real gallons you would have to go larger than standard size.

They have all kinds of filtration systems, stands, etc. Marine grade steel frames on their glass tanks. I could dance on my 225 and not bust a thing. You can choose regular or starfire glass, annealed or tempered. Here's a trick...if you go tempered you can reduce thickness and add volume without going larger. My 225 is 1/2" tempered on the sides, regular on the bottom. On the same footprint I gained back gallons. If I went with regular glass all around the walls would have to be 3/4". You can pick from multiple backgrounds, high grade print with white backing. Or send them a picture of your choosing.

go here:

Custom Aquariums, Glass Fish Tanks, DIY Aquariums, Saltwater Aquariums

Custom Aquarium Configurator (customaquariums.com)

make any shape you want. Hexagon, pentagon , corner, shallow, square. Personally I always wanted a big shallow hex...always annoyed me the standard ones are always tall.

For big acrylic:

Aquariums & Fish Tanks For Sale - Acrylic, Saltwater, Freshwater – Dream Fish Tanks

OR

Fish Tanks Direct | Buy Freshwater & Saltwater Aquariums

they even have bullnose tanks!

ΡredatoryFishLover

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2022
Custom Aquariums (GLASS ONLY) all day, every day. They have an online configuration tool where you can 'make your own dimensions.' Top notch communication and service. They also have retailers at pet stores (check your area) that can deliver or help setup if needed.

They also tell you what the actual gallons and model gallons are. For example a 125 is really around 117. To get 125 real gallons you would have to go larger than standard size.

They have all kinds of filtration systems, stands, etc. Marine grade steel frames on their glass tanks. I could dance on my 225 and not bust a thing. You can choose regular or starfire glass, annealed or tempered. Here's a trick...if you go tempered you can reduce thickness and add volume without going larger. My 225 is 1/2" tempered on the sides, regular on the bottom. On the same footprint I gained back gallons. If I went with regular glass all around the walls would have to be 3/4". You can pick from multiple backgrounds, high grade print with white backing. Or send them a picture of your choosing.

go here:

Custom Aquariums, Glass Fish Tanks, DIY Aquariums, Saltwater Aquariums

Custom Aquarium Configurator (customaquariums.com)

make any shape you want. Hexagon, pentagon , corner, shallow, square. Personally I always wanted a big shallow hex...always annoyed me the standard ones are always tall.

For big acrylic:

Aquariums & Fish Tanks For Sale - Acrylic, Saltwater, Freshwater – Dream Fish Tanks

OR

Fish Tanks Direct | Buy Freshwater & Saltwater Aquariums

they even have bullnose tanks!
I appreciate all the help, I was already looking into fish tanks direct, but I think that the advice makes it a much easier decision. I just have to decide on a size now.

Reactions: tlindsey

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
I will second fishtanksdirect for large acrylic setups. I got both of my two tanks as complete setups with sump, cabinet, and hood, which worked out of the box after I assembled it. The location I ordered from was in Florida and they worked with me to customize my 450gal setup. I've had no complaints.

ΡredatoryFishLover

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2022
I will second fishtanksdirect for large acrylic setups. I got both of my two tanks as complete setups with sump, cabinet, and hood, which worked out of the box after I assembled it. The location I ordered from was in Florida and they worked with me to customize my 450gal setup. I've had no complaints.
good to know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store