Where to buy Pickerel

James115

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2016
I think most gars would eat a pickerel for lunch IMO. I've kept gars in the past and skinny tubular fish are perfect prey for them. I figured that out the hard way lol
That's why I was hesitant to buy it because of the size, but it doesn't matter Mikefallen13 bought it.
He was watching the thread.

James115

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2016
Oh ok. Thought maybe there was a site I wasn't aware of. I wonder why it wasn't showing that auction when I went to aquabid today.
It was in the "all others" section instead of us natives for some reason.

Mikefallen13

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2016
Yeah, honestly I have been following this thread as I've been trying to find one for a while now too. Sorry for sniping you, but I'd definitely shoot him a message. He's a nice guy and can probably hook you up.

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
Does anyone have a chain pickerel here? They look similar in pictures to grass pickerel maybe a little bigger? Haven't come across any place that has them available. Also has anyone ever had any luck breeding pickerel or have it happen just by having male and female together? Seems like they would have a better chance in a pond not so much in a tank.

James115

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2016
Yeah, honestly I have been following this thread as I've been trying to find one for a while now too. Sorry for sniping you, but I'd definitely shoot him a message. He's a nice guy and can probably hook you up.
That's alright dude, I'll talk to him.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Does anyone have a chain pickerel here? They look similar in pictures to grass pickerel maybe a little bigger? Haven't come across any place that has them available. Also has anyone ever had any luck breeding pickerel or have it happen just by having male and female together? Seems like they would have a better chance in a pond not so much in a tank.
Chain pickerel get massive. Not as big but definitely comparable to a northern pike. Not a good choice for aquarium life. They tend to be much more agro that their smaller cousins too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store