• fowleri/apurensis

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Delhezi222

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2007
P
I'd go with the Lithodoras first of all, then the vulture cat, and finally the giraffe cat.

regalt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Ft Wayne, IN
I would go with the giraffe i have one in my 200 and is no monster yet he’s only 5-6" but he is pretty active, he likes to pile up with all my polys.

lophius

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
UK
it depends also what you can find out and about - lithodoras are hard to find, as are callophysus, jurense and tigs seem to be around only a few months of the year.

in a 6x3x2 - i reckon you've got loads of options - i'd probably go for a nice tig and a jurense, i'd probably throw in something else to - such as a pteradoras or megalodoras, giraffe cats are nice too.

What else would you be putting in the tank though is another question?

I used to keep a single Paulicia in a 6x3x2 and that was awesome - bare bottom tank - the catfish (was 37") and a shoal of 150 neons - looked brilliant.

Do you want to get a catfish thats already a decent size or do you want to grow one on?

carl

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
blacktip;3275259; said:
I voted for the vulture cat, but I'd really recommend the bolt catfish, Aguarunichthys torosus. They top out at about 14" and have a similar spotted pattern and coloration as the vulture cat but without the nasty reputation.
I too did-I need a cat for my Dovii tank!

HarlanAshmore

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne Ausralia
id put like 20 pictus cats

HarlanAshmore

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne Ausralia
Eric A;3277450; said:
Just goes to show how lame you are.

Pictus vs Tigs, the answer is so clear.
yeah well you have a **** haircut

njackson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2007
york, uk
lophius;3277434; said:
it depends also what you can find out and about - lithodoras are hard to find, as are callophysus, jurense and tigs seem to be around only a few months of the year.

in a 6x3x2 - i reckon you've got loads of options - i'd probably go for a nice tig and a jurense, i'd probably throw in something else to - such as a pteradoras or megalodoras, giraffe cats are nice too.

What else would you be putting in the tank though is another question?

I used to keep a single Paulicia in a 6x3x2 and that was awesome - bare bottom tank - the catfish (was 37") and a shoal of 150 neons - looked brilliant.

Do you want to get a catfish thats already a decent size or do you want to grow one on?

carl
iam thinking of getting a jurense or a tig and put one in my stingray tank when setup. iam looking for a small catfish that i can grow up big but i won't mind it is all ready big. i have found a lithodoras for sale in uk. love to have a paulicia but they are hard to find here. it might take 5 months to year to get in setup it all about money.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store