Which parrot/bird for me?

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
i wouldn't recommend macaw, they are usually pretty loud birds and require TONS of attention

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
Jeox;3540614; said:
A goose.
Seriously. They make intelligent, awesome pets if you handraise them from babies. They can be EXTREMELY loving too. I'm planning on getting on sometime in the future.
Plus you don't have to worry about cats or drowning with one.
They even make diapers for them, that he geese never seem to be bothered by, so it can literally just live with you, like a dog.
thats adorable, my cockateil hated his diaper, I'm going to go look up ducks with diapers now. Ducks and geese do make great pets, when they view you as part of their family or their mate. Very loyal smart animals.

My brothers and sister had a duck, Wally that attached himself to one of their goats, he would tend to her kids, clean, sleep with, and wrangle them for her when she had them, he was adorable.

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ

love how the last of the down turned into a fro on this guy.​

Stingray12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Saranac Lake, NY
Well im not completely new, i had the sun conure for two years before that accident happened. If I get a new bird, I will never put it in a bathtub attended again.

I've been around many birds before, sun conures and some of the other types of conures were very loud.

Im not looking for a quiet bird persay, I have plenty of time for them, it would be out for half of the day. I just dont want a bird that sreeches in your ear lol.

Im trading in all my live rock and some sw stuff to one of my lfs that has healthy birds.

Im defiently not looking for a special needs bird, i meant somebody who doesnt want their bird anymore.

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
ok I went through pages of duck breeds, then said f-it and googled afro duck, your right. goofy looking duck

meghanashley

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
NJ
Large parrots have a tendency to scream at some point in the day, they are a huge comittment because of the intellect level. If you have the time and patience, as I said theres a huge payoff. Just be commited and fully informed before you make your final decision, lots of birds needing adoption because people weren't.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i have experience with three types of parrots.. all at once in my home.. the only one out of the three that is quiet..fun smart ..is my gray... he does not need to be loud.. he talks just like we do.. and because of this he always has attention.. he is truly part of the family.. the other two {sun conure and Umbrella cockatoo} are loved dearly but you also need patience and tolerance.. the gray none is needed.. he entertains himself.. and entertains you.. if i had to do it over again..they would all be grays...

Stingray12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Saranac Lake, NY
Any1 have any experience with quakers or Senegal parrots?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store