Which type of datnoid is the fastest to stabilize?

Nico alfonso

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2015
And also which is prone to sudden death syndrome? I've read some threads that NTTs are really prone to SDS but has shortest time to become stabilize is this true? :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The NTT seems to be the dat that is most prone to sds but as far as stability it depends on the individual fish rather than the particular species.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
My suspicion is that a lot of them come into the hobby loaded with parasites(gill flukes maybe)and they are not treated for them until it is too late.I have seen and heard of plenty of small young thinbars that look perfectly healthy in the stores and then when brought home begin to rapidly pump their gills and eventually die...Then, some come down with growths and tumors that seem to appear out of nowhere.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've not seen any proof that any of the dats are being bred...only talk. Even if they are they are likely being bred outdoors in some type of pond or pools or sectioned off in some lake.Those situations are not exactly pathogen proof.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
The most stable...? In my experience its been the silvers... They never get 'unstable.'
And as for the NTTs, I'd like to call them the 'discus' of the datnoid world lol. They require (almost) perfect water conditions, and even then its a gamble... There is a thread on this forum about a member from the UK trying to 'cure' the datnoid disease.... Just do a quick search and you will find the article.
I recently had an issue wherein I ordered a couple of NTTs online and the shipment was delayed by a day. One of the NTTs already had the Datnoid Disease tumors all over its body, it happened within a span of two days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store