Which type of Frontosa??

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
So, since I am not expert and neither are you. your opinion is the only one that works. Since it goes against the style or way you keep fish it is wrong. This site is full of people who were told on other site or sources that their ideas were wrong and this site has continued to show people differently.

It is easy for me to tell my fronts apart. I have 3 burundi, 3 zaire blues, and one Kipili. It is not as difficult as you suggest. Currently they are in my 120. They are being moved into a tank for them and all my comps/calvus and buffaloheads. They are of various ages. The youngest well over two years old. The oldest I am not sure as I picked him up from a friend. He has Zaire blues with burundi. No problem with them or them breeding. Both of his colonies are much older. His Alpha male and two females were wild caught and he had the rest of the colony with them. He then added his burundi colony with them. His was a 300.

It is wildly known with fronts to keep them in a species only tank to encourage breeding. Many who breed have trouble getting them to breed, until they move into their own tanks. This is why I keep other fish with them. I have comps/calvus take care of any fry that may one day appear. I can take care of the rest.

Fronts are no different than other colormorphs being in the same tank. Just because you have always heard it to be one way does not mean it has to be that way.

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Although it isn't adivsed to do it, it is okay if you are a responsible and an honest owner. You just have to know your stuff and have a big tank enough to house them and take care of them. Once they hit the breeding age, it's discouraged to place them in the same tank incase of accidental breedings. Althought they are the same species, they are found in many locales, not just one. It's the exact thing like mixing different locales of nyererei or calvus together and then an accidental spawn occurs which the fry will be considered hybrids. Like what I said, just be responsible and it's fine. Hope I didn't offend you last time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store