WHICH WAS HARDER???

hawkerw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2012
Montana
I am just curious when you setup your aquariums how many of you spent more time agonizing over what Filters, Lights, Heaters, etc. to buy than your last car purchase?:idea:

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
for my 180G, spent WAY more time thinking about filters & heaters than last truck. however, already knew I was upgrading truck from 1/2 ton to 3/4 ton for pulling trailer- and from stick shift to auto trans due to nerve pain in my clutch leg ;-) and stuck with Dodge Ram.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
FILTERS always.... lighting can be changed at will without affecting a healthy fish(cichlids)... but you cant fix a dead fish (after a tank crash)....:popcorn: heaters aren't as important here in az. ...BUT can be crucial elsewhere

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
i spent a lot of time figuring out filtration. searching online...comparing...then pricing. probably a month or two on filtration alone. with my last couple of car purchases i had an idea of what i was looking for and test drove something at the dealership and the rest is history. fish are way more important than transportation :)

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
When I eliminated the stock filter and light on my flual chi. Due to its size there are a limited number of options. Depending on your budget bigger tanks are easy, just hit up some online retailers and read reviews.

Nova 8

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
South Australia
I just get the biggest tank that will fit underneath and turn it into a sump!

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I spent about 4 months designing and redesigning my 300 gallon. I spent about 4 hours picking out and building my car online. Input the price I wanted to pay, went to the dealership, haggled for about 20 minutes and was done.

Sump took the most research and designing by far, but I knew exactly what I wanted and put in the time to get it that way. The beauty though is when you build a tank from scratch and have to wait for it to be built and delivered, all you have is time....

jschall

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2009
Chico, California
FILTERS always.... lighting can be changed at will without affecting a healthy fish(cichlids)... but you cant fix a dead fish (after a tank crash)....:popcorn: heaters aren't as important here in az. ...BUT can be crucial elsewhere
I imagine you've never had a tank cooked.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store