Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Just some massively farm bred wtt silver arowana

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
White tank treatment is where a young aro is kept in a tank with six white sides and very bright light. It gives them really bright colors and if dine long enough can make them look platinum.

My concern is that these fish are just wtt silvers and won't hold their color. They look really nice, but the price seems too good to be true.

There are at least some from Segrest. They had these all over their Facebook page. I really hope these turn out legit, I've always wanted a white aro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Wow, thanks for that info, yea i hope its legit too, if is not, how long will that color last for before fading?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
If its wtt, it varies from fish to fish. Some start to fade as soon as they get home, some last a month or two. It depends on how long they were treated.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Man would I feel scammed if I bought a pricey fish pretty much knowing it would only get better looking with age and the color faded away eventually (if this is what happens). My absolute dream fish would be the real deal "snow white" silver aro where there's no confusion. Maybe these will be plentiful someday costing tens of thousands cheaper

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Man would I feel scammed if I bought a pricey fish pretty much knowing it would only get better looking with age and the color faded away eventually (if this is what happens). My absolute dream fish would be the real deal "snow white" silver aro where there's no confusion. Maybe these will be plentiful someday costing tens of thousands cheaper
Word.

I'm in love with the albino silvers though. :drool:

Blaz1n1t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2011
FL
I know, but if worst comes to worst, i paid 141$ for a 12 inch silver aro, not the greatest but also def. not the worst. Aro's around that size usually go for 80 $ and up depending on the store around here.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store