White film on plastic.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
x2 This is what Im thinking too......It's either a film from hard water or from biofilm.

All I know is its ugly and annoying. Ill clean it out and when I get back from work theres a fresh pile twirling in the dead spot. On top of it it makes my water appear dirty even though its crystal clear.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Do you have hard water?

+1

The white paper like flakes are calcium buildup which is common for hard water

×Go S Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 8 wins in a row going on 9, see you in Brazil boys!×

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
:( what can I do to stop that or am I kinda just stuck with it?

+1

The white paper like flakes are calcium buildup which is common for hard water

×Go S Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 8 wins in a row going on 9, see you in Brazil boys!×

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: [url]http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763 [/URL]

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Its protein deposits. Get a protein skimmer to get rid of it or just feed less and increase water changes

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Well I cant really feed my bass any less than I do already ha. Which is once a day. On my lunch break I placed a net in front of the return line which is the source of it. With any luck it kinda breaks apart due to the pressure into smaller pieces that aren't so visible.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Not feed less then that just a little smaller amounts.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Well on the plus I just put a net in front of my output hose and obviously it cleared up a lot. I can't even see anything collected in the net either so maybe it's breaking down fast enough and small enough to not clog or be noticeable. Also I have a quick disconnect I made by the output so during my water change schedual I can just flush whatever may be trapped if any. Problem solved I think lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store